Banknotes pose numerous complex design challenges. Yet, they have become more than just payment instruments, but also “symbols of societies”. According to digital marketing consultant Julia May, web designers should “think of their project as a banknote” to create more credible and long-lasting designs.
She suggests six lessons to be learnt from banknote designers:
- Accessibility: banknotes are designed to be understood by all people.
- Redesign is a balancing exercise between familiarity and innovation
- Impressive visuals attract attention.
- Universal design makes banknotes easier and more convenient to use, including for an international audience.
- The orientation of the banknote is an important consideration.
- Constraints ought to be used as guidelines for a creative design.
To read the original article, click here.