Copyright © 2019 | CashEssentials
20 Philippine Pesos
The Banaue Rice Terraces that were carved into the mountains of Banaue, Ifugao in the Philippines is also carved into the 20-Pesos banknote. Built 2000 years ago and passed on from generation to generation, it is a National Cultural Treasure of the Philippines and is often called the “Eight Natural Wonder of the World”.
50 Philippine Pesos
At the back of the 50-Peso banknote, one can find the Taal Volcano, which itself has a lake of its own inside its crater called “Crater Lake”. It promises a unique adventure, given that Taal is one of the world’s smallest active volcanoes with its latest eruption happened in July 2020.
100 Philippine Pesos
Flip over the 100-Peso banknote and you’ll discover the Mayon Volcano, a touristic spot not only famous among Filipino travelers but tourists across the world for its iconic perfect cone shape.
200 Philippine Pesos
A breathtaking view of a thousand cone-shaped hills stretched over 50 square kilometers of land can be found at the back of the 200-Peso bill. Widely known as the “Chocolate Hills”, for resembling chocolate truffles, this magnificent natural landscape is unique to the Bohol region.
500 Philippine Pesos
You can find the beautiful waters of the Puerto Princesa Underground River streaming across the back of the 500-Peso banknote. It is one of the world’s most impressive cave systems located in the islands of Palawan, which is also a highly visited touristic spot. It was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999.
1000 Philippine Pesos
The Tubbataha Reef , featured on the 1000-Peso banknote, is known as a Philippine gem and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Dubbed as one of the most pristine and biodiverse reefs in the world, it carries over 350 species of coral and 500 species of fish.
2,000 Colombian Pesos
At the back of Colombia’s 2,000-Colombian Peso banknote, you’ll find the ever so eye-catching Caño Cristales river that will leave you in awe with its vivid colours. Journey into the Serranía de la Macarena national park in the province of Meta Colombia and you’ll stumble upon this “liquid rainbow” – as it is also called. The bright red, yellow, green, blue and black colors are produced during the reproductive process of the aquatic plants in the river and is a phenomenon that happens nowhere else in the world.
1,000 Mexican Pesos
Take a walk on the wild side and go on an adventure with the 1,000-Mexican Peso banknote featuring a jaguar walking through the Ceiba and Zapote trees standing tall in the middle of the Ancient Mayan City and protected tropical forests of Calakmul. is an architectural wonder with figures sculpted in stone and modeled in plaster, and has been recognised as a natural and cultural world heritage site by UNESCO.
100 Egyptian Pound
One can feel monumental when holding the 100-Egyptian Pound as at the back of this banknote is The Great Sphinx of Egypt standing bold and proud. The towering statue quite known to the world is believed to have been built more than 4,500 years ago.
20 Zimbabwean Dollar
The Mosi-oa-Tunya, also known as the Victoria Falls, can not only be found flowing at the back of the 20-Zimbabwean Dollar but as well as on the list of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Hailed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Victoria Falls is neither the widest nor highest waterfall in the world but is the world’s largest sheet of falling water located on the boarders of Zambia and Zimbabwe. 75% of the Falls can be seen from the Zimbabwean side, while the remaining 25% is visible from the Zambian side.
CashEssentials has celebrated other international days throughout the years and through beautiful banknotes that you can check out below: